The year 2016 breaks down to a 9 universal year in numerology, activating an energetic cycle where we can release the past, clean house (on all levels) and complete things that have been in the works for quite some time.
In the Tarot, the Hermit is the 9th card in the deck, allowing us to channel the wisdom of the Hermit to make the most out of the 9 world year.
What does that mean? The Hermit illuminates the ways in which we have to turn inward for answers and knowledge.
In any given situation, ask yourself:
- What is it that YOU want?
- Where do you need to drown out the white noise from the outside world to listen to your own inner truths?
This may manifest itself in the form of family, friends or coworkers putting in their 2 cents about your decisions and choices. Maybe you got married, had kids or entered into a serious relationship and you’re so busy juggling the needs and wants of others, that you’ve lost part of your identity along the way. Or alternatively, you’ve started your own business but feel lost in a sea of industry leaders that appear to be doing it bigger and better than you ever could.
School’s in session in a Hermit Year. And the first lessons are going to be about developing self-reliance and becoming your own teacher.
As you hold your own counsel, you will learn to be more comfortable in your own skin and re-discover your solo journey as the architect of your future.
What’s right for others may not be right for you. Some situations will naturally fade into the background as you come into the spotlight and learn to honor your voice and stand in your spiritual authority.
As you meditate and reflect on the areas of your life that need to be de-cluttered and healed this year, ask yourself these powerful questions:
- Whose life are you living?
- How do you prioritize your self-care?
- Do you take time out for yourself to recharge your batteries?
- Are you comfortable in silence + solitude? How can you create more of that in your life?
- How can you become your own guru + teacher?
- How do you honor the inner stirrings that fuel your happiness?
- How can you schedule a mental rest day, a nature hike or a yoga session?
- How can you unplug from the worldly distractions and reconnect with your intuition?
- What’s your spiritual practice? What changes do you need to make to deepen your connection to your Guides?
- Are your throat and third eye chakras healthy? What do you need to do to have them open and clear?
Tune into yourself this year and allow your inner compass to light your way. Reveal the truth. Let go of limitations. Practice good boundaries. Sling some tarot cards. Dowse with the pendulum. Take a psychic development class. Deepen your prayer and meditation practices.
Ultimately you’ll discover that the answers have always been within you. You are not meant to follow someone else’s blueprint. You are meant to forge your own path and in the process, shine your light bigger, brighter and with more confidence. The Hermit will teach you to trust your inner guidance, heal and grow in ways you never thought possible.
Image Credit: Vanessa Tarot used with permission of U.S. Games Systems. c. 2007. All rights reserved.